Tuesday, December 11, 2018

New Guild

The quilt guild I belong to downstate is going to be a thing of the past in a few short weeks. My membership expires on December 31. I am not going to renew. It's too hard to travel down and back for a weekly meeting with a five hour drive round trip. I needed to find a new "home".

I tried a guild north of our new place. Twice. But it doesn't seem to be a good fit. The women there aren't very inquisitive about me and haven't really made an effort to get to know me much. I said something to a few of the ladies that work at a quilt shop near me and they mentioned another guild south of our new house.

I tried them out yesterday. They meet weekly too! Every Monday morning at 9:00-ish and you can bring whatever you want to work on in the four (or so) hours you're together. I brought the Witches along to work on (which is hand embroidery) so that I could talk and get to know the girls without having to talk over a sewing machine.

Yesterday was their Christmas party and they actually wanted me in the pictures when that time came. I already feel like I've been with the group for ages. They welcomed me warmly and were curious about me and the family and my quilting interests.

I haven't been in the studio much the past three days. Saturday dad and Charlotte came for a visit. They loved the art piece I made for them. Sunday we were in Kalkaska all day with my mom picking out our new dining room table/bar to replace the large dining room table we have/had that is too much table for our new house. Yesterday I was at the new guild.

I did manage to fit in some cutting time to prepare for our retreat in January and an occasional Christmas Vintage block that Katie and I have been working on for a few weeks now.




Today I plan on taking advantage of the poopy weather day and getting some "real" work done in here. I'll be doing a lot more cutting up of scraps to prepare for the retreat, but that's not all I plan on doing because the back and hands can only take so much of all of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Of a Sudden

I looked up yesterday while working and all of a sudden the leaves were starting to pop out, our neighbors apple tree is in full bloom, and ...