Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Notably Numeric

That's the Project Quilting prompt for this week.

My eldest son loves numbers; he started taking college calculus as a Sophomore in high school. As an adult, he has his doctorate as an Astrophysicist but crunches data and numbers for Goodyear Tire.

I have his TI-83 calculator just to figure out the cost of a customer's quilt after I quilt them. Needless to say, I'm not good with numbers.

But I am good with time management. The basis? DON'T WATCH TV!

Here's something to think about and this is what was created for the challenge this week.

Hand embroidered, machine quilted.
Time...What's your choice? Waste? Spend? Invest?
I have had this written out in permanent pen on my pressing table but it's beginning to fade after so many ironings and I wanted to get it more prominently placed in my studio. Customers comment on how much I get accomplished and I will use this as a reminder to both them and myself.

8 comments:

  1. I notice that it is 5:00...hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty. The quilting and idea are really original. That striped binding is perfect also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do waste so much time...TV, computers...well done in corralling your use of time and on the great reminder!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need this little reminder! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've found that the less time I have to work on my stuff, the more motivated I become. This is a good reminder of how you choose to spend your time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great piece! Thanks for join in the PQ fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great reminder for any studio! It's all about choices of how we spend our time. I disconnected from dable TV years ago and it was one of the best decisions ever!

    ReplyDelete

All Of a Sudden

I looked up yesterday while working and all of a sudden the leaves were starting to pop out, our neighbors apple tree is in full bloom, and ...