Saturday, January 18, 2020

It's a Calf

This section of the "Fairest of Them All" took a very long time to construct. At any case, during the basketball game (MSU wins again), it was finally completed.

Moooo
Next up...the goat. Today is very snowy with more all day tomorrow too. It's a GREAT day to be in the studio working on something quilt-y and I'll take advantage and get as many pieces done for what is turning out to be a very fun piece to work on.

I've already loaded a new customers' back onto DW. Unfortunately, I didn't check my batting stash beforehand and thought I had a batt in there to start quilting the piece right away. It turns out I don't and have a choice to make; either long arm later on this piece, or, remove what I have loaded and get something else stitched out before any more batting arrives...which is Wednesday.

Mom tried to pick up a few batts for me Thursday in Houghton Lake. WTH? When did batting get so expensive? $39 for a double size Dream cotton? I don't think so Scooter. I found it on line for much less and decided to go in that direction. I totally believe in supporting small businesses at nearly any cost. But, I have to bill this out to customers and they are not going to be happy with me if I charge them $40 for a batt, especially when they could run to the big box store and pay about half of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Of a Sudden

I looked up yesterday while working and all of a sudden the leaves were starting to pop out, our neighbors apple tree is in full bloom, and ...