Tuesday, August 27, 2024

New Adventure

Have you ever done a whole-cloth quilt? Neither have I. Looks like I'm going to have some fun. 

Blank Canvas
I'm going to use this pic as a basis to get a stream in the meadow...
My inspiration
So, I've been asking myself since I set the first bones into the first pass. Do I just echo each hill? Or, do I give it the "Dream Big" treatment and quilt each one with an individual motif? The thing that separates the Dream Big motifs are the echos in each petal and I'm afraid if I do that with the hills here it'll look not right. 

I'm going to ponder this while I work on Colleens Quilted Witch. Which is coming along slowly. After doing customer stuff yesterday (Linda's quilt is bound and ready for pick up), I loaded the next monster onto Foster...

Leah Day BOM from 2019?
I'm not sure about the year. It may have been 2018. I know it was shortly after we moved in here, but before Bernie joined the family. I'll be working on this for some time I think. 

I did sit-down work after my foot started to protest...

Looks good from here
Ya know, while I'm quilting these, I wonder why I continue to work on this piece because I think they all turn out looking like doody. But ya know, they don't look half bad from a short distance. Maybe it's because I'm like right there in their face when I'm creating them and can see every stinking mistake? 

Nobody expected today unless Linda comes to pick up her quilt. Very hot outside so a good day to play on the boys inside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Full Moon

The moon is so cool. And viewing it over one of our great lakes as it rises for the night is even cooler.  Moon over Lake Huron I think this...