Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Teaching

It's great to teach if you've been classically trained. Like I have. Yesterday was a great day and while I was nervous going in, I settled right back into teaching mode and had a blast. It doesn't matter what age you teach, whether it's six-year olds or 86-year olds, repetition and availability is key. Having smiles during the process and successes after the lesson is priceless!

Happy faces and lots of progress!
I didn't get home last night until nearly 9:00. It was a long but wonderful day. The weather was gorgeous and here's a view of one of Michigans great lakes...

Lake Huron in the morning
I usually only get to see this lake in the afternoon/evening hours, but the morning views are spectacular.

Two quilt tops were picked up while I was up north and after logging those in and getting them into the queue (another fall finish deadline) I'll be working on Sandy's quilt on DW. But first I have to return phone calls that came in yesterday. 

Tomorrow I'll be out of the studio too. I'm (hopefully) heading to Grand Rapids to the AQS show. I haven't been in two years and it's time to pay vendors and quilt makers a visit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loosing Leaves

We don't think we've had a frost yet. However, some of our Ash trees and the Dahlias are showing like we have. Even the Box Elder is...