Friday, August 23, 2024

Gut Instinct

Have you ever had a feeling in your tummy about not doing something? I had that yesterday morning. Something told me not to go to Grand Rapids yesterday, which was a bummer, but I heeded the warning. I stayed here instead and worked.

BUT...

I did not turn on my phone and concentrated on finishing Sandy's quilt instead. I have a lot of time sensitive quilts coming/in queue and knew I needed to get some of these "old" ones completed. 

Some of the quilting going in
It's a good thing I "forgot" to turn my phone back on because there were four messages from people. I would have been on the phone all day and would have not gotten this quilt done. As it was, it was well after 5:30 before DW was put to bed. 

This morning will be spent on the phone returning those phone calls while I'm removing Sandy's quilt. Linda was one of the callers and I know her quilts take priority; she'll probably be dropping them off later and who knows who else will be coming by.

Meanwhile...before Linda arrives, I have this one to work on on Bernie...

Wait! I've seen this before
Yep, number two of the Lori Holt Quilted Witch. They take forever to quilt, but are rather fun to do. Lots of pebbles and swirls in the background. Lots of detail in the blocks and accessories. But lots of thread changes too!

I may be working this weekend depending on how the sensitivity of Linda's quilt(s) are. I know we have a lot to do around the outside here, but Jim may be doing a solo. Happy Friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loosing Leaves

We don't think we've had a frost yet. However, some of our Ash trees and the Dahlias are showing like we have. Even the Box Elder is...