Thursday, August 29, 2024

Make a List

I should have, on hand, a list of quilting things I can do when the electricity is down. I did get a lot of reading done, and about half of my Helen Godden A-B-C blocks are colored. Yep, that's about it. 30 hours we were without power. It came on last night around 10:30. It went off Tuesday afternoon at 4:30-ish. 

I had planned on getting Colleens quilt done before their retreat ended today, but that's not happening now. 

I did get Mary's first set of hills chalked and the bones stitched. I inquired with Linda (who is also a long armer) about what to do with the hills now. We decided to go with a top echo on every other and then something different in the offsetting hills... 

Getting the bones into the first pass
While this photo was uploading, it occurred to me to explain why we didn't have electricity. We had a nasty storm come through Tuesday afternoon with winds in the 60's and 70's. We still had electricity up until about the last two minutes of the storm, and then, blip. Off it went. Thousands are still without power this morning. 

But today is a new day. I'm catching up on the laundry, tidying up the house, and taking care of things we drug out to get through without lights (candles, matches, flashlights), and then I'll be back out in my happy place. Wow, I was starting to go through withdrawal. Do I have a quilt-related problem maybe? 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment

Loosing Leaves

We don't think we've had a frost yet. However, some of our Ash trees and the Dahlias are showing like we have. Even the Box Elder is...