Thursday, January 23, 2020

Working Versus Playing

Yesterday was a total work day in the studio. Work meaning I am planning, meeting, or quilting customer quilts. Ordering supplies. Taking calls. Typical work stuff only at home. In my comfy clothes. Not having to trudge out into what may be a poopy weather day. It's a dream!

Playing means doing all the same stuff above, but I'm the customer.

Today is another work day both here and at the store. Customer quilt #1 was completed yesterday...all free motion. Customer quilt #2 is getting started this morning before I leave. And Customer #3 quilt will hopefully get loaded tomorrow.

Big borders mean big feathers!
Here is a quick pic of Customer #3's quilt top.

The pic doesn't do justice to this beautifully constructed piece
The top is crazy quilted with silk and hand embroidery. The "filler" pieces are a beautiful red velvet. I consulted my AIQ friends all over North America for last minute inputs to make sure I did this piece justice. I'm on the right track and they echoed my thoughts in how to make this 17 year project shine.

I didn't grab a pic of Customer #2 quilt because I just loaded it last night. She just wants large swirls all over so nothing really outstanding to do on it...but I'll grab a pic later this morning to show what's being worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Of a Sudden

I looked up yesterday while working and all of a sudden the leaves were starting to pop out, our neighbors apple tree is in full bloom, and ...