Friday, November 27, 2020

Black Friday?

I've never, ever done the Black Friday shopping thing. At least not the kind where you get up before the birds and run from store to store trying to get the latest sale item(s). But, this year, with the "thing" and some stores closing (permanently), I've taken advantage of the on-line presence this year with Black Friday. So far, my only purchase was with Craftsy (which has decided to continue on in the world) for a premium membership. Originally $79 a year. Got it last night for $2.49. 

This morning, before turning on the long arm, I need to get over to Pieces of Thyme quilt shop to purchase background fabrics for the Gravity top. I'm at a complete stand still until I do and I have customers coming tomorrow, so today IS an actual shopping day. Maybe I'll break my Black Friday shopping streak this year?

On the frame this morning is this simple, yet elegant top of Melissa's. 

Melissa's second top
This wasn't Melissa's first top this week. This was her first top quilted on Wednesday.

The first of the four she brought
The purple Crumb blocks are complete, and while I thought I had fewer pink pieces, apparently the block count says otherwise.

Only eight purples
Hazel received her Bark Box this week and she's in corn heaven.

"Look Mommy, I'm in toy heaven."
She's not really sure what to do exactly with the squeaker that's in the toy. At first she would whine about it...literally, which is something she rarely does. Now she just carries it around and wants us to throw it for her. 

Must go shopping now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signs

I need to get a sign up designating where the door to Quilting at the Lake lives now. That way I don't have to "greet" people ...