Thursday, November 12, 2020

Happy Veteran's Day (late)

I'm a veteran. I should have wished all my fellow veterans and current soldiers a Happy Veterans Day yesterday out here. Belated VD!

Emily's little Table Topper/Wall Hanging

I pulled this off the frame before lunch yesterday. Read the work order. Oops. I needed to add the binding for her as well. She too is an active military member (as is her husband) so I threw in the batting and the binding at no charge. Happy VD Emily and Zack.

After getting the little wall hanging done, this was loaded.

A nice queen-size top by Tina
Notice the dark outside the studio in this pic. While I love the night time, quilting in the dark is not preferable. I set in the borders on Tina's top and then called it a night with the long arm. Here is some of the border detail started.

Piano keys in the outside border. Dot to dot in the second border.
After long arming, tackling the large sections of River Rock ensued. I have them into subsections now and hope to make it a top (minus the borders) yet this evening. 

I have a customer drop off this morning as well as a customer pick up. Tina's top will take up all my afternoon/early evening hours today and then more River Rock afterwards. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Signs

I need to get a sign up designating where the door to Quilting at the Lake lives now. That way I don't have to "greet" people ...