Thursday, November 8, 2018

Hello, hello!

I have missed blogging! I have missed putting down my daily activities, keeping track of my progress in growth and in person, and I have missed being part of the blogging world!

It's time to reawaken. I have my dream home, my dream dog, my dream life, but mostly, I am so blessed to have my dream husband. (Thank you Jim for making the later years the best years).

What's been happening? Well, DW (the long arm for those of you who haven't followed me on my previous blog) made the move okay. He had some issues and after a trip back to the hospital, he seems much better.

I haven't quilted all that many quilts since we've arrived up north. Too much to do and moving in the spring provided us with amazing weather and conditions to resurrect this vacant and neglected lake house.

Lily had to be put down in May. She was with us for a little over 13 years. I still tear up when I think about her (and Dolly too). I visit her almost every day out there in the yard where she is buried. But I now have a new friend keeping me company in the studio. Her name is Hazel.

Hazel came to us on October 26. The 30th was her 8-
Hazel at 8-Weeks Old
week birthday, so she's still just a baby. But, she is smart, she is cute as the dickens, and she has wormed her way into my heart in less than two weeks. You'll be hearing a lot about Hazel.

The remainder of our summer, after repairing "dangerous" things around the new place, was to begin and continue to work on a large (30x40) pole barn to enable us to get items from downstate, up here with us. Eventually, the barn downstate will be sold, and we don't want to be in a situation to have to move in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Of a Sudden

I looked up yesterday while working and all of a sudden the leaves were starting to pop out, our neighbors apple tree is in full bloom, and ...