Wednesday, February 6, 2019

I'm Going to Utah!

My long arm machine is a Handi Quilter Fusion. His name is DW. DW and I entered a contest to win a trip to the Handi Quilter headquarters in Salt Lake City last month. Guess who won?

Amongst the thousands of entries they received, I was one of 12 who was chosen to go in March! I still can't believe it and I was notified a few weeks ago. I couldn't tell anyone because they haven't released it to the public yet, but now I'm able to do so. I'm pinching myself almost daily because it still doesn't seem real.

Hazel is now 22 weeks old. Here she is on her weekly birthday yesterday, enjoying more mud.

Look at me mom! I LOVE the mud!

What have I been doing in the studio the past week? Lots and lots! But again, I didn't want to disrupt the Project Quilting story, so haven't posted.

Tristan's Fire Engine top is completed.

Stripe Me Happy
Strip me Happy top is completed.

I have pulled off the Seasonal Silhouette from the long arm to put on and take off, two customer quilts.

Still needs to be stuffed
I made a turtle.

I made a bag.
For my Utah Trip
Aunt Lil is "roughed in" with the borders yet to go,

Aunt Lil

and I'm still trying to decide what to do about this weeks' Project Quilting challenge piece. I may have to skip this one since I'm coming up with about nothing that I can do well in the next few days.

Here is a better (not muddy) pic of our little girl being not so little anymore.
She likes to sleep by the back door now. I think she's waiting for dad to get home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...