Saturday, December 20, 2025

Making a Quilt In A Day

Yep, this quilt was completed in less than four hours. Yes, I did cut out petals/footballs over the course of four sessions, and I took a few hours in an afternoon to grid out the background, but essentially, I have a completed (binding excluded) quilt in a day.

A completed quilt!

Getting it started
The second pic is starting the piece at around 2:30, and first pic is around 6:00. I have the binding made and will be attaching that first thing this morning. Afterward I'll be making two pencil pouches for Christmas gifts for the grandkids.

Okay, I did work all of yesterday morning and part of the afternoon on the customer quilt on Bernie, so I didn't slack off all day. I also had a customer come and pick up and she was here for a while (her husband and Jim were busy talking). 

The body is together
While I was waiting for the furnace to quit running a few times yesterday I assembled the body of the Alaska top. I have two borders to attach. One is going to be pretty easy. The other is something I have to come up with because the one given isn't going to happen. 

While working on things today I need to find the next quilt/back to load onto DW. If I keep him naked, a customer quilt will end up on the frame and I need to stop doing that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Time in Seven Summers

Yesterday turned out to be a half day of work for me. Jim got home around lunch time towing this behind the truck. Once we got through lunch...