Friday, August 21, 2026

AQS Quilt Week


Let the fun begin! So many beautiful quilts. I could fill my blog with pics from award winners but I'm going to share two quilts nobody really paid much attention to.



These two quilts were beautiful and the pattern/designs were my very good friend, Linda McGibbon at Lakeview Quiltings designs. She'll be happy to see they have made the AQS.

After looking at quilts all morning we headed to the vendor mall. We saw some very familiar faces and we met a lot of new ones. I even got to 'fan' over Ricky Timms, Adam Ratliff (AdamSewFun), and Micki Chip. Here's my haul from the mall.


Since there is so much I'll sum it up: Two pairs of leggings with quilt-themed motifs, a zippered jacket with a quilt-themed motif, 10 cones of SoFine! thread, two pairs of angled tweezers, three packs of prewound bobbins for the Janome Horizon machine, and four sets of lights. 

Four? Yes. One set for the Janome 1600P I take to retreats, one set for each of the Bernina long arms (a flexible side light) to be able to see white on white and black on black, and a set for DW around the collar because that USB port was broken and the old collar light is no longer around. 

Today is a normal work day so I better get to it. I've taken enough time off this week with the baby and the show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dodging

There are a few things long armers need to dodge: Pins, thick seams that will break a needle, and thunder. Thunder because when there is thu...