Saturday, September 26, 2026

An Unexpected Day

Yesterday started out relatively normal. Jim mentioned mom was going to come by and drop off the queen-sized quilts for the bed we are inheriting along with some other odds and ends. 

After lunch. I started in on Dianes quilt and then the neighbor showed up with a visitor and wanted to show said visitor the studio. Not sure why; visitor knows nothing about quilting or sewing. Anyway, we were visiting and then mom showed up.

While the four of us were visiting, the other neighbor showed up in their golf cart and then Jim joined us (he was mowing at the time), and we all chatted for about a half hour. While they were departing there was mention of a campfire later.

Yep, all the people in our driveway were at the campfire as well as three others; Mike, Thom, and Pam. 

Needless to say, the quilting was pretty unproductive. I didn't even get done cutting for the next quilt top before the campfire was lit.

Still more to go
We were home by 9:00 and I felt like I'd spent the day doing manual work. What the heck? I have a lot of around the house stuff to do this morning and then maybe I can get to studio stuff. 

Have you ever read this book?

I have never read or even perused its contents so I'm going to this morning since I've purchased it and will read it to the grandkids next week when they're here. There's another in the series I believe, but I'll see how well this one is written before getting the next one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Unexpected Day

Yesterday started out relatively normal. Jim mentioned mom was going to come by and drop off the queen-sized quilts for the bed we are inher...