Those who aren't into the whole long arm scene do not know what we do as long armers to actually do their quilts. It's not just putting in stitches. As I've discussed before about the 'after' process, what about the 'during' process other than the quilting?
The first item up is unlocking all the ratchets to actually roll forward.
After the quilt is rolled it looks like this.Since this isn't straight and flat this has to happen.The quilt top is brought up and the batting is smoothed first. Then the top is moved back into position to smooth it out.Once that's done and the quilt is squared up on the frame, the side leaders/clamps have to be attached.
And now it's time to baste in both sides after everything is checked and ready to get started.I baste in at about 1/2". Oops, one more check. All the seam threads need to be pulled in that row.Now it's ready to start getting more quilting put in. This whole process above takes about 10 minutes to perform. This particular quilt gets a roll for each sashing row and each block row so nine advances on the frame. That's an hour and a half just for rolling each section.
Remember those little squares I took a pic of yesterday? Well, this is what they turned into last night. And after that I did get all the sections together in the Quilt Room.
Diana's quilt will be finished today if all goes well. Jim is at PT and then the dentist so I'll have a quiet morning. The girls are sulking because he's not here. They'll get over it.
No comments:
Post a Comment