Friday, October 4, 2024

Gone All Morning

The Hale Country Quilters are such a great group of ladies! They welcomed me so warmly and I had a great, quick presentation about the art quilts I teach. They wanted me to stay for lunch, but I needed to get back and on the long arm. I'm already feeling the autumn/holiday pinch.

Here's some of the quilting detail going into Kathi's second quilt (Floral Felicity)...

Feathers

More feathers and some cross hatching
The very hardest part of starting a quilt is deciding what exactly needs to go into it. The "rules" for this one, given the fabrics in here and the overall message of the quilt is feathers in all the colored pieces, straight lines and rainbows in the background, and crosshatching in the border. Some of the pieced blocks are getting traditional quilting in them (the geese, the single squares, etc.), but once all of this is decided, things should move along faster.

There are already 10 thread changes in this piece, and, LOTS (and lots) of starts and stops. That takes a lot of time!

I worked late last night and my foot told me when to stop. It was dark (and had been for a bit) so it was well after 7:00. More on Kathi's quilt today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gone All Morning

The Hale Country Quilters are such a great group of ladies! They welcomed me so warmly and I had a great, quick presentation about the art q...