Thursday, October 17, 2024

Beautiful Autumn Weather

There's that crispness in the air in autumn that can only be felt a few weeks of out of the year. When the leaves are changed and rustle as they fall to the ground, or as you walk through them. Apple cider, pumpkins, hardy mums, and Spartan football. If I could freeze time, this week would be the one I'd want to live in the rest of my life. 

But alas, time marches on. Kathi's quilt is done! Once it was off the frame and trimmed, I started loading the next deadline quilt onto DW and worked Diane S.'s quilt on Bernie while frame ironing Patty's back. 

God Bless America!
This one should be finished today despite the ridiculous amount of time I'm taking on this. Here's some of the quilting detail going into it...
Stars and Stripes forever
The quilting shows up particularly well because the fabric is flannel, which shows a bit more definition than a traditional cotton. I went from this quilt over to work on Bee Happy for a bit and then once I got the blocks built I shifted over to Foster. I want to get that quilt done on him. It's been on there too long and it's time to hunker down and get it off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beautiful Autumn Weather

There's that crispness in the air in autumn that can only be felt a few weeks of out of the year. When the leaves are changed and rustle...