Wednesday, July 22, 2026

They Use To Make Fun Of Me

The boys used to say I had so many quilts on the walls that I may have to start putting them on the ceiling. Does this qualify?

It looks great up there but I must admit it's going to get some getting use to in having something hanging from the ceiling. 

While Jim was hanging that up for me I was continuing with Ginny's quilt on Marty. I slipped a few hidden things into it and this is one of them.

Woof
I have one more day on her quilt and then I can call that a wrap. After working her quilt I did a Love Letter block and then finished getting together section four (of five). I did a Flower Power leaf block (only two more of those to go) while talking to Andrew and then headed right over to DW to work on the Raven.

Here's some of the thread painting going in...

Not everything needs to be quilted

And here is the background fill I'm using around the raven...

Swirl Feather
This is a new-to-me motif I have wanted to use for several months now and thought this was the perfect opportunity to incorporate a swirl (mimicking flight) and the feather (mimicking the bird) into a quilt. 

Jim is going out mowing. I had a few texts flying around this morning regarding Shipshewana in November. One girl would like to abstain this year (too much other stuff going on around that time). Her replacement not comfortable going down under the circumstances surrounding getting her there. And one to Virginia and Monica to see if I could stay with them this year. Looks like I have everything sorted and can now move along with my morning.

We have to run to Colonville Hardware this afternoon. Pickles are on and Jim needs wide-mouth lids. They have the best price and we like going there anyway. It's hard for me to start a new quilt in the afternoon and I think Ginny's quilt will only take this morning to finish. A period of celebration is needed after completing each quilt I think? 😗

No comments:

Post a Comment

On a Whim

The morning started out with the Temperature blocks and then I had to make a prototype of a notebook cover to see if I liked the pattern I...