Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Chocolate Challenge

This is our last challenge, and frankly, I wasn't going to participate. I have too many other things going on in the studio right now, but, thanks to my good friend Katie, she kept after me to think about something to do. And, with her encouragement, came up with a quick little something to hang on the fridge for Easter.


I would include photos on how I did this, but really, who reads all my posts about my creations? If you want to know what I did, here it is:

1) Draw design on fabric using a water soluble pen. Layer top fabric with batting and a backing.
2) Outline the sandwiched design with black thread on your home sewing machine using your darning foot.
3) Color in the design with whatever colors you choose. Spritz to remove markings. Dry.
4) Zig-Zag stitch around the edges and trim close to the zig-zag to finish.

And while this looks simple enough, it still took me about four hours to complete.


4 comments:

  1. That is SEW cute!! It's sure to put a smile on the face of anyone who sees it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gah! i love this so much! I have this sign hanging in my house year round and it makes me laugh every time I look at it!

    ReplyDelete

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...