Thursday, August 27, 2020

After a Little Mini Vacation

It's back into the studio I go. I looked forward to getting away for a few days, but it seems after the first day away, I'm already longing to get back into the thread, needles, and designs. 

This was an "emergency" quilt that came in yesterday. The customer called when we were on Mackinaw Island and said she had a wedding this weekend (the call came in on Monday). 

Jill's Chickens

Not only did it need to be quilted, but bound as well. While fighting a near-migraine headache, I was able to complete the quilt and can call the customer this morning to let her know it's completed. 

After we returned on Tuesday evening, Katie sent a text about a quilt-along. Sometimes these quilt-alongs get rather tedious and supply lacking on my part, so I choose to pass. This one, however, looks pretty cool. It's called the Nova Star. Here is my first test block after working through the pattern Tuesday night and yesterday morning (while waiting for said quilt top above to arrive).

Nova Star Test Block

I plan on doing this with a fat quarter bundle I have in my stash and will only need to add about 14 more to round it out. Shopping at Pieces tomorrow will definitely be on my radar. 

My new friends from the Quirky Quilters Quilt Guild in Oscoda recommended we take the time to visit Paradise, Michigan to a quilt shop up there. We were supposed to take a road trip up earlier this month (the guild members and me), but life got in the way of our plans. 

Jim and I did visit there, but purchased nothing. However, the shop in Sault Ste. Marie (owner Chris) and Indian River (owner Barbara) were worth the trip entirely. Planning on going back to both of them in the future! Purchased some backs and a new chunk of fabric for the pressing table, which we promptly put on yesterday. 

Have another customer quilt to load this morning and another waiting to get on the frame today. I may start pulling more fabrics from my stash (or trying to anyway) for the Quilt-Along after working on Mickey's quilt today.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...