Saturday, August 29, 2020

Happy Saturday

There is a fall-like feel to the air. A few of the trees are starting to shed leaves, and we see color coming in on our mid-yard Maple tree. Autumn is my favorite time of the year. Mostly because I get to start wearing my sweatshirts again and don't have to suck my gut in to hide my middle-aged pooch. 

Quilt-alongs are fun! I started losing a little of my mojo over the summer. Primarily because we were 100 mph with our hair on fire. I think our mini vacation revved my engine back up because I'm sewing and piecing and cutting with a vengeance. (Katie...take a vacation. It helps!). 

My chosen fabrics
This is what will be put into the Nova Star quilt. It's a little more low volume than I normally like to work with, but beautiful nonetheless. And soothing. These colors are very relaxing. 

Here they are all cut and ready to sew.

I don't even know how many pieces are here
Mickey's quilt was completed yesterday morning before we had to do some errands. I failed to snap a pic of it, but it was another one of her Kaffee fabric pieces. 

I'll be loading a quilt top Paulette had Pat and Joanie drop off last week. It's a cute whale and has a lot of real estate for me to quilt into. Should be fun.

Meanwhile, I'll be making HST's after Paulette's quilt is worked for a while. I have another customer coming over to drop off and then who knows where the wind will take us afterwards on this lovely Saturday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...