Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Short Life

I often wonder why those sweet smelling flowers and trees only stay in bloom for such a very short time. Like the Peonies and the Irises. The cherry and apple trees; they're quick to go as well. My Northern Catalpa tree is no exception. He just started blooming on Friday; he's already losing his flowers. 

Not even a week
I don't think this extremely hot weather is doing it any favors. It isn't doing anything any favors. 

Laura's quilt did not get finished yesterday. I had to run and pick up Jim from the mechanics and lost long arming mojo upon my return. I have the last row and the last border to do this morning. 

I did make some more green scrappy blocks while Jim did a little drywall sanding and then moved over to do one block on the sit-down machine when he headed to the shower...

Lollipop Chain
I did the center block and almost moved to another one, but it's pretty labor intensive and it was nearly 8:00 by then. The heat is zapping our energy and we were done for the day. It's not supposed to be as hot today, but the humidity is making up for the heat. So thankful we have central air. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Eagle

While mom was here on Monday, we heard the Eagle out by our floating dock. We couldn't see him, but the neighboring birds were in a dith...