Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Slow Progress

Lately I've been doing many edge to edge quilts for customers as well as "free motion" quilts. I haven't done a traditional pieced quilt in a few weeks. What that means is I use the piecing and the fabric to drive what I'm going to quilt into the quilt. Lots of ruler work and thinking goes along with this.

The quilt I'm doing for Sue is a traditional quilt and I forgot just how slow they are to complete. Lots of thread changes and marking. But this is what I absolutely love! 

Here's the border treatment her quilt is getting...

Lots of marking
I have quilting rulers that measure out the marks as you quilt the quilt. But I find it easier and more reassuring to mark all the places I need to quilt first. I use a water/air pen to make these marks never to be seen again once they are removed.

After working on Sues quilt, I constructed the next block in Bee Happy (not blanket stitched yet, so no pic) and then I moved over to Foster to work on the BOM piece. Still. I like working on Foster more near the sunset/night time. The sun coming in the west window in late afternoon is hard on the eyes because of the angle of the sun this time of year. 

One customer coming to pick up later today. One came late yesterday afternoon to pick up as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slow Progress

Lately I've been doing many edge to edge quilts for customers as well as "free motion" quilts. I haven't done a traditiona...