Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Milestones

When a person accomplishes something they thought as their "Everest", the feeling is indescribable.

This was one of those moments for me.

Dream Big in Black and White
Yes, the panel is actually done in black and white. It wasn't just me doing that with my camera.

Details about this accomplishment:

Done on a Handi Quilt Fusion in manual mode at about 46%
Bobbin Thread: Sew Fine! #503 by Superior Threads
Top Thread: Magnifico #2165 (Silver) by Superior Threads
Batting: Two layers; the bottom is an 80/20 Dream Blend. The top is Hobbs Heirloom Wool
Hours to Accomplish: About 10 to include pressing and loading

I have another panel like this done in the aqua/blue color way. Katie got it for me for my birthday and I've looked at it now for over two months trying to decide what to do. While the one above is mostly feathers and their rendition thereof, the next one will be a mixed bag.

Meanwhile, today is Hazel's 19-week birthday. A picture today is in the plans as well as a variety of other projects happening in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thread Changes

A lot of long armers out there won't change threads. You pick one (or they will for you) and that's the color thread you get through...