Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Flooding

Thankfully our house sits on a very high hill overlooking the lake. But not all of them do. And with the amount of water we received over the last 36 hours, and with the dam north of us breaching/breaking, many of our neighbors are going to suffer.

Our seawall, permanent dock, and steps are all under, the crawl space continued to take in water throughout the day and two nights, and the septic system was flooded, but nothing compared to many of our neighbors.

The next few days will be aiding those around us who need help cleaning up.

Our neighbors' yards
But, I was able to quilt some things the past few days. And will continue on until we can get to the water to start clean up. It's just too unsafe right now and the water continues to rise.

Currently on the frame...

Cathy J's gift to her husband
After seeing the flooding other regions/communities have endured, it now makes sense to me since we are dealing with it first hand. While Jim and I are blessed to not have to endure too much of the aftermath, others are having to deal with it firsthand. I appreciate those pics seen on TV now more then ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Quite Right

Disappointment is looming over me today. Took the APQS Lenni for a test drive last night and I must say I'm not impressed. The machine i...