Saturday, October 5, 2019

Jobs and Such

So I have a new job. It's currently full-time until the store is set up, but then will refer back to a part-time status. We have a new Dollar Tree coming to our little town and that's where I've been spending most of my time since Tuesday morning.

The only other thing I've had the time (and let's face it, energy) to work on other than setting up a brand new store, are chores needing immediate attention around the house.

Working retail is a HUGE love of mine. It doesn't pay. The hours aren't the greatest. Bbbbuuuuttt...I LOVE working with merchandise, customers, and the environment is ever changing. Not a good use of the 170 credit hours/3 degrees I racked up at GVSU and NAU, but it's about passion; not what you SHOULD do.

This particular store doesn't even have tile over the cement and it's playing havoc on my legs. It's just because my level of fitness isn't what it used to be and, c'mon, I'm a grandma, so the 20's are long past my existence. Day three is the worst, so once I hurdled the three day milestone, all is going to get better. Yesterday proved as much.

Meanwhile, back at the lake house, nothing has been done. The only time I've come in here in four days is to let Hazel outside.

Today I printed (finally) my Leah Day Friendship Quilt Along pattern for the month, and I realized I have to leave again in a half hour. Not much will be cut for it in the short time span I have left before once again, toddling off to work.

The seven-day-a-week schedule should slow down after next week. Consumers Energy is holding up the store opening and for a temporary few weeks, it can be dealt with. It's not like anybody is going anywhere in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Family

Ya can't pick family can ya? A very disconcerting conversation with my father yesterday left me in kind of  a funk. It's a good thin...