Thursday, September 17, 2020

Cutting it Close

When you're long arming, and you hear the clacking of your bobbin below the quilt your working on, you start saying a silent prayer the bobbin gods will hear your plea of lasting "just one more motif". 

Just enough
Apparently the quilting and bobbin gods were with me as I was finishing Joanie's quilt yesterday. 

After nearly finishing her quilt, another customer stopped by and dropped off two more tops. The cute little airplanes should be fun to work on next week. 

Once our errands were completed for the week, work on the Nova Star top ensued. Eureka! A top!

Morning Sunshine through the skylight on the Nova Star

Today, after finishing Joanie's quilt, I'll load Bear Paws to prepare for the upcoming retreat (less than 24 hours from now). I want to have something to sit down quilt, sit down piece, and stand up long arm; just for a variety for the weekend. 

I've found this to draft today for the sit-down portion of the retreat:

Zen Tangle with Thread
I won't actually be able to draw this because I'm an idiot with a pencil. But I can locate something out there to use to transfer the design to fabric. I hope. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...