Monday, September 21, 2020

The First Ever Virtual Retreat

I attended my first ever virtual retreat this past weekend. WHAT. A. HOOT!

A shout out to Ebony Love for hosting the retreat and keeping everything accessible, light hearted, fun, informative, and a chance to talk to other quilters from around the globe. 

If you're interested in a virtual retreat, Ebony is going to host another in December (first week of), and you can bet I plan on attending. The cost is so affordable, and unlike a "real" retreat, virtual let me actually long arm here in my own studio. Can't take the long arm to an in person retreat for sure.

Here's what I made over the weekend:

Hey, this is one of mine!
I was able to start long arming the Bear Paws on Friday morning. What a great time I had using the Natalia Bonner rulers I have here in the studio. The quilt was completed yesterday morning. Yay!

I made two tops:

I did the gray one
I finished the Windblown top on Friday afternoon.

This top was finished Sunday morning
I didn't get actual pics of mine, but they look exactly the same.

Yesterday afternoon this Dream Big panel was basted in and then during our farewell address of the retreat by Ebony and friends, I was able to get the first outline of the petals started.

Folded in half, but you get the idea
Nova Star was not touched during the weekend. While I was in the studio from about 8:30 am to around 10:00 pm every day, time got away from me. I was hoping to also get it on the frame but other projects took longer than anticipated. 

Today, it's back to a normal "work" day. Paulette has a few quilts here for me to do, as do other folks, so this week will prove to be a busy one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...