Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Production Day

 This was completed yesterday morning, as I had hoped it would be.

Paulette's Crazy Kitties
I loaded and completed two of these for a new customer (Mary Anne) and they turned out so cute. 

Mary Anne's Squadron Leader Quilts
Both of these quilts were done free motion and with ruler work.

This was attempted. Well, it's done, but apparently I either a) can't read directions anymore, or b) the directions were incorrect. I have to go back and see what I did, but the handle got put on the wrong side of the pocket for the little ones to carry their books in.

The handle should have been on the other end
I'd like to make one of these for each of the four older grandkids for Christmas. I'll stick a new book in there for them and maybe a little cash. 

Jim's ragg quilt is now officially finished. It was in the dryer on fluff most of yesterday lifting off all the threads. It was then picked clean after a day in the dryer and now he has it on his chair waiting for our cold weather to come.

Today is another long arming day with a Christmas top for Joan S. She has chosen Minky for the backing and it's proving to be interesting trying to get the tension right on the bars so not too much drag occurs while DW is stitching out the design. 

Paulette brought a quilt over to show me on her last couple of visits. My theory is that if I can't get something out of my head, I need to do something about it. The quilt had been hand embroidered with all the various places she has lived in her life. While I DO NOT hand embroider (it looks terrible), I was thinking about ways to do each block with all the homes I have lived in my life (I think I'm at 31). 

I was going to do it on the long arm somehow, but, with all the customer tops waiting, don't think that would happen even yet this year. Jim suggested a quilt-as-you-go on my sit down machine. Which is a much better idea. 

I'm still formulating that in my head. How much detail do I want to go into with each house? Do I want to put the years in along with the addresses? Do I want to color each house in the correct thread colors or leave them all the same? Decisions, decisions. Lots to think about while I'm working in here today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...