Monday, September 14, 2020

Subscriptions

Celebrate! I'm now officially LLC'd. Looking for a software program to handle my tiny little business is becoming interesting. It seems you don't purchase software anymore, but rather pay a monthly subscription for the rights to use it.

And a subscription for quilt magazines, monthly dog toys/treats, radio (Pandora and Sirius), TV, Cable, Crafting applications, Legal applications, Cloud space, and now this? When does it all end? I'm getting subscription-ed nearly to death.  

It's time to take a look at what is really important (needed) versus what is really not so important (wants), and while Jim is off on Work Comp, we need to evaluate whether my business is really worth all these expenses. 

Meanwhile, I continue on working my business.

Bear Paws ready to head to the frame this upcoming weekend...hopefully

I was able to lay this out while at moms yesterday morning. I got it together last night before calling it a night in the studio. 

Jonie's Tradewinds Top
I'll be working on Joanie's top most of  today. I've got the borders started (which I think is one of the hardest parts to accomplish, and frankly, takes the most time). The borders set the stage for the rest of what is going to happen in the rest of the quilt.

My goal is to get her quilt finished before Thursday so I won't feel guilty getting one of mine loaded for our retreat this weekend. I'm so excited for this retreat. I need to spend time with like-minded people and miss visiting with quilters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...