Thursday, October 8, 2020

Ha Hah!

The phone rang this morning with a new unrecognized number. Hmmm?? Against my better judgement, I answered the thing. Oh, thank goodness, it was my new customer who hadn't been logged into my contacts. Whew.

Because...

I started this on the long arm. Yes, I know. I was doing this on the sit down. But the throat space on the sit down is not stellar and with the two layers of batting, it was creating a lot of drag. I wasn't having fun. 

Now I'm having a riot. It gives me the ability to learn new stitch patterns I didn't want to experiment on with customer quilts, and I'm able to densely quilt this and do some creative work customers don't generally want to pay for. 



These Dream Big panels are so freeing and so not in-the-box. I don't think I could/would ever tire working on them.

And I couldn't ask for a better environment to work in. Look at the view I have today. This will only last a few short weeks, so I work in here as much as possible during that time, despite the weather being awfully nice the past few days. 

My autumn studio view
More Dream Big work this morning and then off to the dentist after lunch. The asphalt guys are supposed to be here sometime today to get that pad laid off the back walk/garage area. The customers will appreciate it and I know I certainly will. Tonight I'll continue with my little addresses blocks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...