Saturday, October 3, 2020

New Addresses Project

I've moved. A lot! If you count the three places I lived between the farm and my high school graduation, it's been over 30. But, the three families that took me in while my mom and I were ironing out our personal situation are going to be put into one block.

Yep, I've started a new project. Something commemorating my various homes and the places I've lived. Thank you Paulette for the project idea. The first step was sitting down and writing/finding/remembering everywhere I've lived. That took a whole day while DW was stitching out rows on Mary Anne's quilt. 

Then I needed to draft a few simple house drawings. I made six. None bigger than about 9". Now to find fabric in the stash. After locating four or five different light background patterned fabrics it was time to cut.

I cut the light-colored blocks into 10" sizes for now. I also cut very thin batting the same size. 

Transfer of the drafted house drawings on each block happened last night.

If you look close, you can see one of the house drawings in the blocks

The next step is to back stitch each block; like I did each of the Stitchers' Garden blocks. Some will be done diagonally, some vertically, and some gridded, each with its own decorative stitch. That's what I'll be doing today. 

Somebody made a comment to me recently that I generally don't take any pics of myself. So I did a selfie of me in my usual state of work. Donning my headphones and cranking up whatever tunes hit my playlist, while quilting customer quilts. I'm usually the one doing the free motion stuff instead of letting the computer do it and need to drown out the noise DW makes when I'm in my quilting Zen place. 

Jamming while working

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...