Saturday, October 31, 2020

Monsters, Inc.

Happy Halloween...if you're one of those people who get into it. We used to. We don't anymore simply because we live out here in the boonies and we get zero trick-or-treat traffic. So, what's the point?

Had to call Gall Sewing yesterday morning as I started out long arming. I changed DW's needle and he started being naughty. Jason suggested a few things, but it didn't work. I changed a few things (tightened the tension and moved the needle position back to about 6:29) and he started working just fine. And then the customers starting showing up. In droves. 

I thought picking up completed quilts was all that was happening but five new tops came to join me here by noon. Mom and I had to get pizza in the afternoon so only evening quilting was accomplished, which was minimal. 

Today is the MSU/UofM football game (despite the Covid crap) and I hope to get more done on The Monster during all of that since I was only able to get row two completed before I got too tired (there are eight rows total BTW). 

I did get another River Rock month done last night after long arming.

River Rock Blocks

These are going together easily, yet labor intensive enough. They are pretty, even though this isn't my color palette. Mom and are on the total opposite end of the value spectrum. I like brights and stark contrast. Mom likes these...muted earthy tones done with batiks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...