Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Inspections

We have yet another inspection on the addition. This one is mechanical; plumbing and heating. Gaaa...when does it end? According to Jim, we should only have one more after this one; the final. 

Meanwhile, I long armed after Jim got home for a while until my eyes started crossing, and then I went out and helped get that short north section of the west side done. Except for the facia, the west end is complete. 

Almost there on the west end
We're starting the east side (probably) tonight. That's the side that faces the lake. And, we still have the gable section to do on the south side (the one that faces the neighbors). 

I did get a lot of long arming done yesterday, but this quilt is taking longer than I expected. I'm near the half-way point starting out today. 

Some of the quilting
I'm having to ghost stitch in a few of those arcs to make the center feathers work. I had to draw and make a template to follow to do that and then trace the template onto the quilt to work it in. All time. But since I'm up earlier than usual, and since I don't know when Mr. Inspector is going to arrive, I'll start long arming an hour earlier and hopefully crank on this today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

We Passed!

We've been given our occupancy permit and the final inspection went relatively well. Just a few things he mentioned that he wasn't g...