Monday, March 4, 2024

Small Project Sunday

I did end up sewing something yesterday while Jim was down emptying out the fire pit...

Tote Bag

The inside
I want to start giving customers their "trimmings" in a more suitable bag. I give them a not-so-hefty bag now and I've noticed they are easy to rip. And, they're not eco friendly even though they are made of paper. Cutting down trees for such use seems wasteful to my mind. 

I tried making a drawstring bag a few weeks ago, and it seems too...I don't know...just not right. I like this bag. I only wish it had more structure to it, but even if I use an interfacing (aside from inner foam) I think it would still be a little lifeless. And that would mean another couple of steps in the process.

I think I'm probably going to stick to this process. I like it. It's not too hard, It only took me about an hour and a half to make (not bad considering this was my first go around with it), I can make it any size I want, and it'll use up some of this old fabric hanging around the place. Hopefully, returning customers will bring the bag back with their next quilt and we can keep the recycling going. 

Donna's quilt is going to receive my utmost attention today. I have nothing else to distract me (yet) and I need to get this quilt done. It's been on DW way too long already. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Days

We are approaching the final days for me to be in the "old" studio. Today I'll be removing Kathy's quilt from Bernie and t...