Friday, April 12, 2024

Personal Phone Troubles

So I have two phones; a personal phone and a phone just for work. My personal phone is a few years old (three or four I think) and I'm having some charging issues with it. I'm a pretty tech savvy person and I've done all I think I can for it. Coincidently, my Verizon rep called yesterday (I have a business account) and it may be a sign we need to go see him. 

Technology is a wonderful thing, but I think my phone has my flu bug. Okay, so I wasn't going to overdo yesterday. Just take it easy and slow and see how the day played out. Jim had to drag me out of the studio at nearly 8:00 last night because I was having so much fun being back in there. 

While Maggies first quilt was stitching out, I was working on this...

Tackling another studio area for purge
If you are in the market for some quilting books, I just donated about a hundred of them to the mission in Gladwin. Yep, both of those stacks plus another one were sent over this morning with Jim, along with some rulers, notions, and individual patterns. 

Got a lot of cleaning done too. I have a very dirty job...just sayin'. 

That was completed by lunchtime and while frame ironing for Maggies second quilt, I worked on Dianes Mary, Mary top for a while. Here's something I put into one of those large negative spaced blocks...

Let's try another angle...

Well, bad lighting this morning 
There's a butterfly in all of that somewhere. Can you see it? I'm going to have dragonflies and flowers in some of the other blocks too. Fun!

But then Jim got home and the long arming was done for the day. Time to do something in the new studio. I laid the second coat of poly down in the bathroom, but that didn't take too awful long. 

I remembered I had started a few customer bags and quickly finished those as well as getting the outer border on the cabin block part of the cabin quilt. And now I'm not happy.

After getting everything but the porch done on that cabin top, the instructions for that are missing. I have searched through the packet dozens of time and still nothing. I even laid each page out individually to see if I was missing something and still can't come up with anything. UGH!

I decided to move onto something else. I did my BOM for March for Sew Very Easy and even made bonus blocks. I'll work on Aprils next week. This is our anniversary weekend (39 years!) and I don't think I'll be around much to sew. Or maybe I will. We're having a hard time finding something to do this weekend other than going out to eat. Whoopee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Quite Right

Disappointment is looming over me today. Took the APQS Lenni for a test drive last night and I must say I'm not impressed. The machine i...