Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Go, DW, Go!

My brother just texted me to let me know our lake dad passed away...last July. Why am I just finding out about this? Why didn't I get a call or text message? We were like his second set of kids. Kinda bumming right now. 

DW was cranking yesterday. Two quilts and another backing frame ironed. I'm hesitant to get the next one started. Our electrician is expected shortly to finish with all the wiring and lighting in the new studio. I'm not sure if he's going to have to shut the main house down to do all of that. Once an E2E is started I don't want to stop the momentum and it's nearly impossible to get everything lined back up again. 

Here's what DW did yesterday...

Trailing Leaves
Here's the second one...
Wandering Baseballs
But then I ran into a problem...

The blue is the backing. 
So I had to take this off after pass two and rob Peter to pay Paul from the sides and attach to the missing end. And, of course, that didn't go smoothly because I attached it incorrectly and had to rip out the whole length of it and do it again. But I got it handled. 

And while DW was doing his thing, I was working on Dianes quilt on Bernie. Here's some of what's going into that...
Dianes snuggly flannel quilt
I'm going to start with Diane's this morning and wait until Nick gets here to see whether or not he's shutting down the main house. I want to make sure before I get going on any computer work on DW. But here's (maybe) what he'll be doing today...

Linda's cat quilt
Once Jim got home last night, he finished the exterior of the bathroom wall. Isn't this pretty? And of course, Lucy had to inspect everything. It's coming along slowly but steadily. Jim does a little each night and I'm so proud of what he's accomplished each night after working all day long at his "real" job. 
Bathroom exterior wall


No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Quite Right

Disappointment is looming over me today. Took the APQS Lenni for a test drive last night and I must say I'm not impressed. The machine i...