Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Block 1

It's funny how the projects in the studio seem to ebb and tide. A few days ago the project numbers were way low. Like only one, and it was a piece on the long arm. Now there are three, plus the piece on the long arm. I think I like the later better.

A shout out to a new quilt shop in Hartford, Michigan. The Hartford quilt shop, owned by Emily, has been open about a month. I happened to see an "open" sign when taking Jim to Howell yesterday and on our way back through, we stopped in. 

Emily is a fellow long armer, and not only is she a fellow long armer, but she owns an HQ Fusion just like DW. We connected right away and the three of us had a wonderful conversation. She even knows Susan, who owns the quilt shop around the corner from me here (Pieces of Thyme). 

One of the projects now in queue began yesterday. A gal in Australia is hosting a 100 Blocks in 100 Days quilt along. Katie and I are participating and here is block one.

Block 1 for July 1
The fabric I'm using is from the Pieces of Thyme quilt shop and is from the Studio 8 line by Quilting Treasures. This is one of the fat quarters Jim purchased for me when PofT was having their tent sale a few weeks back. 

The second project is pulling fabrics and starting this little cutie (from the Hartford Quilt Shop). 

Stitch Happens
I know the pic isn't the greatest but it gives you an idea on what I'll be working on anyway.

And...I'm two months behind on my Leah Day Friendship quilt along. I need to print off the pattern for June and July and get to working on those at some point (soon). 

Weather is cooperating today for studio work, and with it will be some long arming at some point I'm sure. The DeGroot reunion is looming in the near future and selecting a quilt for it has to occur also. I'm kinda waiting for Jim's nephew to arrive next week since he's really good at picking the "just right" quilt to enter into the auction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thread Changes

A lot of long armers out there won't change threads. You pick one (or they will for you) and that's the color thread you get through...