Friday, July 5, 2019

Block 4 and Stitch Happens

Despite the steamy weather, and the holiday yesterday (and still going strong here on the lake), I was able to get some sewing in.

It got to a point where everybody around us had family and friends over and Jim and I were just another set of persons within the melee. We had to come home to get away from it all (not to mention the jet ski traffic which was almost out of control). And, with the high temps, Hazel wanted to go swimming.

Here is block four.

Block 4
Here is Stitch Happens all organized from the cutting marathon the previous night.

Organizing into bags and ready to sew
Once I started sewing, I didn't want to stop, so I got a LOT more done on the Stitch Happens wall hanging. It doesn't look like much now, but the hardest section is already complete.

Laying out on the design wall
I usually question my color selections when doing a project like this, but so far, so good. Maybe a little more contrast in those pinks, but I think they'll be okay once the rest is put together.

I'm going to hide out here in the studio today despite all the holiday commotion. I'm a little overwhelmed in the amount of traffic on the lake, the amount of people all around, and all the noise. While I LOVE the lake traffic, the sound of children laughing and playing, etc. this is all of the usual weekend noise times about four. Which is a bit of sensory overload to my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...