Thursday, September 5, 2019

Busy, busy, busy...

I hadn't been on the long arm in over a week. Our weather has been spotty with high winds and/or storms; I don't get on the machine for fear of electrical surges. The weather finally broke a few days ago and I've been a crazy person on DW since.

After finishing the selvedge quilt, I put this little cutie on to do the background fill.

A monthly mantel mini quilt
Once this was done, I loaded and quilted this piece yesterday.


A-B-C's
This A-B-C top had been sitting in my WIP pile for a while now (Katie calls it our rack of shame...which isn't too far off). It was a panel I purchased at The Hen House and somehow made work with the fabric within my stash. It's loosely quilted with a flowing flower motif and would make a nice quilt for somebody's couch; or a child's room.

Then, because Jim is still not able to do a whole lot of anything after his eye surgery, I took advantage of the time and loaded and started this piece below.

Small Log Cabin
The log cabin top above was purchased at an Amish auction last spring, and I must say, while lovely in color and placement, the piecing needed to have some trimming and pressing done prior to getting it on the machine. Apparently 1/4" seams are optional in Amish piecing.

I hope to finish this one yet today and maybe get another top loaded before having to go out and mow later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...