Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Pro Stitcher Positives

The Pro Stitcher I have on my long arm is the computerization capability to do an edge-to-edge motif without having to manually "drive" the machine.

The Pro Stitcher is a wonderful tool for anybody (you and customers alike) to get a completed quilt in less time then custom quilting.

And the Pro Stitcher is pretty easy to use. I hadn't fired it up on months (like since April) and yet, was able to dig right back in without too much trouble. Select the motif, size it to the area I wanted to have it quilt, fill in the gaps, and go.

There was one point when I selected something I shouldn't have and couldn't figure out why I was having trouble when the first two passes were fine, but it was me clicking buttons and not the Pro Stitcher itself.

The quilt measures 86"x102" and it took a combined total of six hours to complete. I did actually do free motion in the borders, but the body of the quilt was indeed computerized per the customers request.

Customer Low Volume Quilt
I have yet to square the quilt and trim threads, but I'll be able to contact the customer by days end to let her know it's already completed...which is good since this was a rush situation.

Today, after finishing this beautiful piece, I hope to work some more on the Roundabout blocks. Speaking of which, I tried to piece those yesterday while the Pro Stitcher was working away, and found that with every needle stroke, my sewing machine light would dim. Note to self: Contact an electrician to get in here to park off DW to his own circuit breaker. I wouldn't want anything to happen to him because of neglected electrical issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...