Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Mistakes to Learn By

I thought I could make this plunder work within the Roundabout top.

Oops

The middle arcs are supposed to meet together, which on the left side, they did. Not so much on the right. I could tear it all apart and just substitute the incorrect pieces, but I'm going to make this a pillow instead to go with the quilt once it's finished.

I tried to incorporate it into the quilt but as I've learned, fudging it something doesn't cut it. It'll take more time to try to finagle it in there than just remaking a new set of blocks.

But the rest of the top is sectioned together and will be ready to join later once this new set of blocks is pieced together.

No long arming yesterday. Booooo! I have the customers quilt draped over the long arm to showcase the work done when she comes to pick it up tomorrow. I have family coming up today and a lawn screaming for me to cut, so after this morning, the day is pretty much occupied with other items.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...