Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Busy Day

I have a busy day coming up today. Mickey is coming to pick up her Sun Bonnet Sue that was completed yesterday afternoon. JoAnn and Mary Jean are coming from downstate to bring a t-shirt quilt for me to quilt. I have nails at noon.

Mickey's Sun Bonnet Sues

Maybe I can long arm after lunch. 

This is what's on the frame this morning. 

Sue's top

Here is some of the detail being put into it.

Quilting detail of Sue's top

This quilt needs to be done by Friday morning. I don't know if I'm going to make it. I'll have to wait and see what this afternoon brings, but the hardest part is done.

When I load a quilt, I have an idea in my head about what I want to put into it, as well as the discussion I had with the customer at the time of drop off. But sometimes that changes after getting closer to it during the loading process.

The hardest part of quilting is getting the motifs decided and placed into their respective locations. This top, while simple looking, actually has a lot of spaces to decide on what to do. I didn't want to do an E2E. There was too much negative space for me to consciously do that. 

Each section was dissected and then motifs were decided upon based on balance, continuity, and top design. But now I've arrived at the decisions needed to get rolling and can concentrate on doing what it is I do everyday once I get back this afternoon. Maybe things will go faster once I get the tunes jamming and the machine all fired up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Updates

Every once in a while I have to update the blog, or the web site, or my IG account. I like doing it but when it's only done every once i...