Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Goals and Aspirations

I currently have two quilts in queue right now. My goal is to get those completed before starting to pack for the DeGroot Reunion...which is next weekend. This one will be worked today.

Pats gift quilt

Prior to getting this loaded last night, I long armed this quilt.

Joanies quilt

This is for a first birthday too. 

Once Pats quilt was loaded, I had pretty much been on the long arm eight hours yesterday and decided the fabric bundle and book I purchased at the Pieces of Thyme sidewalk sale last week needed to be dug into. 
I'm just starting to prep and make the first set of blocks for a quilt top I'm going to call Star Bright. This is from the book titled Stash-Buster Quilts by Lynne Edwards.

The copyright on the book is 2006, but for some reason, Pieces still had a copy of it. And how I didn't have it in my library was puzzling since I usually get any stash-type of book out there. There are a number of tops I'll be making out of the book, most of which can utilize the stash I have around here. But this particular top I wanted to make very bright and consistent so I am using a large fat quarter bundle (35) for its construction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Updates

Every once in a while I have to update the blog, or the web site, or my IG account. I like doing it but when it's only done every once i...