Thursday, July 23, 2020

Day Three

The quilt being worked should have been done yesterday. But alas, again today it will be worked. (See yesterdays blog about what it is that's on the frame). 

I ran into a little bit of an issue though. The batting is poking through the backing. I solicited the help of my fellow AIQ folks and everything they suggested I had already tried. I called HQ. They suggested the backing is of poor quality and once the quilt is removed from the frame, give it some heavy duty shakes and the batting should pull back in. 

I sure hope so.

After reversing the batting

The original batting side

Reversing the batting didn't make a difference. As suggested by Nick. Replacing the needle, adjusting tension on the backing and the thread also didn't help. Changing needle size isn't an option since DW will only NOT skip stitches with a larger needle. I hope the HQ fix works once it's off the frame today. 

There was also a forum group out there asking the same question I had about this issue, and apparently it's a common situation (although I haven't had it happen all that much). Quilts that go to the big shows even show up with this problem, so I'm not going to stress about it all that much more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Updates

Every once in a while I have to update the blog, or the web site, or my IG account. I like doing it but when it's only done every once i...