Thursday, July 2, 2020

Good Intentions, Bad News

If you read my post yesterday, intentions were high for a productive day. Then, after checking the DeGroot Reunion Facebook page, received an IM from a high school and dear friend. 

There were about five or six of us who hung around together in high school. Back then, I didn't get along with girls very well, so I was the only girl in the group. There was Steve, Tom, Kevin, Doug, Chris, and myself. Doug was the one that contacted me to let me know Chris had passed away last week. WHAT? I'm JUST hearing about this? And then Doug tells me his wife passed in January. 

Because Facebook is a vortex of time sucker, I rarely go out there. I find myself squirreling way too much and waste valuable studio time playing on the stupid app. So I avoid it until the need arrives. Apparently, I need to start visiting the sight more than I have in the past.

So the morning was shot. And, just when I was getting into my afternoon groove, Jim needed to be picked up at work to get his truck from the repair shop. Again. 

I tried to long arm after I got back home, but then two of my customers came and picked up their quilts. And stayed to chat for a little bit. Yep, not very productive yesterday.

So, this morning,  I'm again working on the deer panel top for Pat and will hopefully get it done. And today is another interruption day. Mom is coming over later this morning, Doug is coming over this afternoon to get some much needed hugs (he happened to be in the area when he IM'd me yesterday and we figured while he was up here, he needed to visit). And Jim is taking the afternoon off and has tomorrow off as well.

I warned him that I would need to work tomorrow since yesterday and probably today will be a bust. He understands and has work around here to do anyway, so we'll just work apart together at the house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More New Studio Work

Saturday we started right in working on the floor. Then we ran out of both boards and screws. So we were done by early afternoon. Jim went a...