Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Computers (again)

This time its the computer that drives DW when doing an edge-to-edge motif (generally requested by the customer) not playing nice. 

I don't use the thing that much, therefore, I'm a little rusty every time I get on it. But yesterday it wasn't me. The motif requested by the customer is heavy. The quilt is big. And DW doesn't like to display that much onto his screen and have to do all that he does at the same time. Each couple of rows the computer has to be restarted as he kind of gets lost in his x and y axis. 

This is what we're tackling today (and yesterday too).

Diane R.'s top
While DW is stitching out, I can't leave him. The second I do there will be an issue with thread. Every time! So I work on whatever else I can get my hands on in here. With this top I'm picking and cutting out some of the pieces of my Gravity top by Jaybird Quilts. 

And writing in my blog.

And cleaning the studio. 

And winding bobbins. 

Man, babysitting a long arm isn't the most fun thing to do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thread Changes

A lot of long armers out there won't change threads. You pick one (or they will for you) and that's the color thread you get through...