Thursday, November 5, 2020

Hazel Loves Pillows

Zzzzzz

Of course, who doesn't like a good pillow to take a snooze on?

Tuesday was Deliver Quilt/Vote/Grocery day. In other words, no long arming. Not much sewing either, except I did get moms fifth set of blocks done on her River Rock top. 

I made up for that yesterday. 

It started out with this
When customers provide their own batt, it can sometimes be interesting on what exactly you get. This was discovered after opening the package-a huge bump on the inside of the batt. 

This customer asked that I piece her back. Once that was completed, and we mashed down that bump in the batt, we could finally load.

Penny's Shadow Boxes
Here's some of the quilt detail, but basically, I squiggle quilted squares in the box sections, swirled the sashing pieces, and ribbon candied the black shadows. By 6:10-ish I was finished with the 82" square top. A solid nine hours worth of work since I didn't take a lunch and started earlier than usual (because of the stupid time change). 

Penny's Shadow Box Details
This is a "complete" quilt job meaning this needs to be trimmed/squared and binding made and attached. That's on today's radar. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Short Week

This week is going to be a short one for Jim and I. We have a Masters hooding on Thursday (DIL) and a Military Commissioning ceremony (Son) ...