Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Christmas Songs

It would be great to fire up my iTunes library with all the Christmas songs collected over the years. But I know a) I'll get sick of them before the holiday actually gets here, and b) It's not yet even Thanksgiving. 

Today I'm thankful for modern medicine and how research/testing will enable generations beyond our years to live better lives. I'm thankful for clean water and air. I'm thankful for not having to punch a time clock (even though I stick to a pretty regimented schedule around here) and to do a job that brings others happiness.

Here's what was loaded last night and what I'll be working on today for Patricia.

Harvest Table Runners

There are four of these to do today and I should be able to knock them out in a day. Another customer dropped off yesterday and a customer pick up is scheduled for this morning. I am thankful for customers who are here when they say they'll be here. :-)

After long arming yesterday, the Crumb blocks were started. I'm starting with pink since that's the color who's bucket is the least full. It's a phycological thing I think. 

This small pile of scraps will result in some pretty cool blocks
That small pile above has already resulted in three 8 1/2" blocks. I will probably get another three or even four from it. WOW, that's my smallest bucket full? 

Awoke this morning to very cold temps (22 degrees) and ice forming on the lake. 

Ice? Already?

The ice won't stay since we are supposed to reach above freezing during the daytime hours, but that tells me the lake is already cold enough for it to begin. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Minor Touch Ups

As the new studio is being finished, things hit the walls, or we find an area that needs a little bit of TLC. The drywall in the bathroom at...